Saturday, December 20, 2014

Brew Day Problems

It seems that getting through a brew day without a single mishap is a rarity. If I made it through one unscathed I'd be concerned at what went wrong that I didn't notice. Luckily today's issue weren't too terrible.

For my first mishap I dropped a pound of my specialty grains all over the garage floor. Luckily I had the same amount of them on hand and measured already.

For my second mishap, this was my 4th BIAB batch in the new kettle bought specifically for it.   I noticed this right near the end of the boil.



It made me sad. Only 4 brews in! It held up through the rest of the boil and chilling. This is how it looks after clean up.



I ordered this kettle through amazon. I simply went on to the site, found the order and filled out a replacement request. A new one is on its way. Hopefully I just had a bad one and the next one doesn't have the same issue.

This is the kettle. I'm sure i'll be posting about it again:
Bayou Classic 1124 24-Quart All Purpose Stainless Steel Stockpot with Steam and Boil Basket

6/29/2015 - Just wanted to follow up and say the replacement kettle has held up well and there was no cost from amazon for replacement!

0 comments:

Post a Comment